We deliver single-phase motors, three-phase motors, AC motors and squirrel-cage motors from stock or with short delivery times as explosion-proof motors according to ATEX guidelines. ATEX motors are used in the fields of petrochemistry, agitator technology, ventilation technology, fire brigade equipment technology as well as in the field of bakery equipment technology and in mill construction. Our motors comply with all European standards in terms of protection system and equipment and can be used in potentially explosive atmospheres in accordance with the European directive ATEX 94/9/CE or ATEX for short. All ATEX motors for Zone 1 and Zone 2 are available.
The capacitor for single-phase motors is housed in a special, cylindrical Ex d housing, which is attached to the electric motor. Otherwise, the capacitor must be attached to another secure location. If the winding is equipped with thermal protection (usually PTC), these electric motors can also be used for frequency converter operation.
Certificate : EUM1 10 ATEX 035
The available explosion-proof motors conform to essential health and safety requirements and comply with the following European directives:
EN 60079-0 | EN60079-1 | EN60079-7
EN 61241-0 | EN61241-1 | EN60529
Our supplier is also certified according to ISO 9001 and stands for the highest quality and reliability. From April 20, 2016, all ATEX motors will be delivered in accordance with Directive 2014/34/EU.
Of course, you can also get our explosion-proof motors with an attached gearbox as ATEX-compliant geared motors.
Extensive technical details can be downloaded from our download area.
- Frame sizes available: IEC56 – IEC315
- Motor power range from 0.06 to 200 kW available
- Number of poles: 2, 4, 6 and 8 poles
- Possible designs: B3, B5, B14, B34 and B35
degrees of protection
- ATEX degrees of protection: Ex d, Ex de or Ex e – Ex nA – Ex tD
- Types of cooling: IC 411 (self-ventilated), IC 410 (without fan) and IC 416 (external fan)
- Insulation class F - degrees of protection up to IP66
- Temperature classes (surface temperature): T3, T4 and T5
- Removable output flanges
- Removable, screwable feet
- According to IEC 60072 and EN 50347